Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Filming Was A Success!

Hey everyone!

I am glad to say that the filming process was a success! Although there were a few moments when the children were losing concentration, I am very happy with the footage I was able to film.

It was an enjoyable day for filming. My production was filmed at the beautiful Vista View park in Davie, Florida. The sun was not beaming, making it better for lighting purposes. Although the beginning of my film starts in a happy and positive tone, the duration of the rest of the film is somewhat melancholy. The gloomy weather helps to illustrate this tone making it a perfect setting for my production.

The children and young adults that play a part in this film had a lot of fun on set! The children enjoyed running through the vast fields, exploring the wonderful lakes and the playing on the lovely playground. After filming, the older actors of my production and I enjoyed a nice picnic in the park as well. It was a great day! 

I am very excited to beginning the editing process. Stay tuned! 

2 comments:

  1. You're blog is really good as far as explaining and expressing your personal passion behind the project. My favorite post is the one in which you explain the purpose/what you want your message to be, about connection with an audience. The post where you explained why you chose romance as your genre was also well written/strong/relevant, and it was clear and expressed that you did extensive research and had a strong basis/foundation for your project. The one thing I would've liked to hear about isn't only *what* you planned on doing, but also *how* you're planning on accomplishing your goal. What will make your production different from other romance movies; why is it special; what makes the connection between characters and audience stronger in your production than past romance productions?

    Other than that, before you filmed it might have been cool to see your pre-production practices, like the drafting of your script, the storyboard, shot list, etc (if you made any of those things). In addition, the inclusion of stills in your post about filming definitely conveyed the mood/mise en scene of your production, and I really liked it. However, some footage that you shot, either raw or edited, might have been cool to see as well. Also so diary-style entries that document the process of filming that goes more in-depth/is more technical than the personal account you included in the post. Other than that, it looks really really good/solid, and I would be interested in watching your production after reading through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristin, it's great to see all the progress you've made so far! I congratulate you for being able to handle the children you used in your film. I like how you want to develop a deeper meaning to your production to connect with the audience. I think it's a great way to keep your audience engaged with relatable struggles while also serving the purpose of entertainment. I also really like the gloomy weather and coloring of your shots; the orangey color provides a sense of warmth which will help connect the viewer to be comfortable.

    ReplyDelete